Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Crazy Buck

JC Walker

This crazy Buck didn't want me getting to my stand on Friday night. I was losing daylight so I had no choice to walk by him knowing I would spook him. Well the problem was he didn't get spooked and wanted to put up a fight. So when I got about 20 yards away I knew I was going to have an interesting encounter. I got me cell phone out and started to record. The only advantage I had was the buck already shed one side. This was a good thing because I ended up having to grab his rack while he was going for my nuts. Well heck I had to hold the phone in the other hand to record right?

Crazy Deer Video

That's some wild stuff! I'm still waiting for a booner to try that on my way to the stand. He better hope I miss. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Haha Sweet!! Did his other side fall off while you were bulldoggin him? I couldn't see it on his head while he was runnin away

I was down wind of him the whole time and it was blowing a good 20-30 MPH. It might have changed things if he could of winded me. Or he was just stupid!

Wow...

Glad your not hurt....OR Dead.

"IOWA MAN GORED TO DEATH" /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
And to have it filmed kinda. Worse then them people that filmed themselves getting eaten by the grizzley a few years ago.

Glad your not hurt.

Dang man, that's is NUTS!!! I'd say make sure he lives another 2 or 3 years and you could be the 1st guy to get a Boone & Crockett buck with a Swiss Army knife.
I don't think I could kill that thing, wonder if he is somewhat tame or something? AWESOME STUFF though!!!

that has to be a deer someone found as a fawn and then raised and eventually let go. It doesnt have a fear of humans.

i agree, ethier a pen raised deer or Denny Crane mad cow!unbeleivable,ive herd of bucks doing wild things during the rut, but, that, im not sure i would have gotten that close.

I think pen raised also. I know with goats and sheep that if you "play" with them they will "play" back, almost like a greeting sometimes.
It's weird that he has already shed one side. Stress could play a roll in that but it's still really early.

I did watch him from the stand chase does after our encounter. When it comes to the one side being shed I've seen it many times in early December. If he was willing to take me on I'm sure he was picking fights with larger bucks in the area. A good fight could have knocked that side off. There is a well known outfitter across the street that has produced some pretty well known videos and TV shows with big name hunting celebrities. Maybe they have seen this buck? I'll pass it on to them and see what they think.

Top Bottom