Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

:D :D :D

MadisonB&C

Sunday night was awesome! On the way down I saw a monster buck along the highway. That really got my blood pumping.
I sat in the same stand dad sat in and I thought the hunt would be identical. I heard a tending grunt in the same place he did, and then a BIG buck slipping through the woods. He didn't want anything to do with the calling, though (dad and I each think it could be the buck he missed).
After that I had three does downwind of me, two on the edge and one in the trees a ways. The two walked off, but the other came in to check out a drag rag I hung in a tree. Milled around for about 15 minutes within 25 yards. Turned out she was in heat.
She urinated 8 yards in front of me then turned to walked up the waterway, when she heard the grunts in the woods. Buck crossed the creek and stood where she had urinated and started lip curling! I would have shot him, but he was busted up and only had a few inches of antler left. By the time he got after her another buck had joined her halfway up the waterway. Saw a couple of other deer far off.
Didn't shoot anything, but had by far my best day of hunting. Can't wait to get back into the woods!

That's great! It sure makes the time go by quickly. Down there you never know what's going to come over the hill next. I hope you get a chance to arrow one. Good Luck and keep me posted.

How big was the buck your dad missed? Can't wait to come down in December and hunt with everyone. Minnesota starts this weekend and things are looking good.

He said it was a 150-class ten, good mass and little G-4's. Best part is, this is our farm! Those bucks are loving the creek bottom.
Can't wait for ya to get down here. We'll save a buck or two for you.
grin.gif

Top Bottom