Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

dang coyote!

livetohunt

i got to my stand today at 3 and immediately noticed 3 nice bucks moving into a cornfield about 400 yards away. i climbed down and put the stalk on them. i cut the distance down to about 110 yards and was set up on the fenceline glassing the deer to make sure i took the biggest of the three the first was a chocolate horned 9 point around 135 inches the next was an 8 point about the same size, and then the third buck was a very large tall palmated ten that was probably around 155-160 inches. i was pretty excited the stalk had worked and i was in prime position to seal the deal. i still had my binos up judging the bucks when all of a sudden a couple does come over the hill and join the bucks and they all run off. not 10 seconds later a coyote comes over the hill and continues to chase the deer off. ruining my hunt and the best chance ive had at a large buck all year. i just hope the bucks come back to that field in the next couple days and i get another chance at the large 10.

Top Bottom