Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dave smith deer decoy questions

Interested in getting a new deer decoy for next season...I got a primos scarface now but it looks wimpy and not aggressive at all! The dave smith seems to be the best on the market...obviously with the price tag it better be! Just curious if you guys think it really matters if they are in the rite mood they will come to anything or run away from anything! Also if someone has a dave smith deer decoy for sale let me know!

I have used the Flambeau Boss Buck for several years with good success. I will say it is NOISY! I leave it laying in the grass on the edge with the head off. No way I would try to carry it in or out in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would love to try that DSD buck decoy sometime. ..But man that price tag.

Decoyed in a nice 2 year old back in the day with a Boss buck. Came in bristled ready to fight. Can’t say if a 4 year old would have reacted the same to that decoy or not. Fun experience no doubt.

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
We’ve been using a DSD for years. I’ve used a couple other brands in the past made with the hard plastic material and agree that they are ridiculously noisy. That said, they worked. Heck, my foam deer targets in the yard start getting destroyed and gouged up every yr starting about 3rd week of October…you’d think I’d learn!

Final thoughts, the DSD is worth every penny imo, will last a lifetime, if you take care of it, significantly less noise, no comparison to its realism, have decoyed a ton of bucks into ours including this one my wife killed last November. Wish I knew how to share the video of this hunt, pretty neat.
IMG_1934.jpeg

Are they the same material as their Turkey and waterfowl decoys? Seems it would be much quieter than my boss Buck.

After debating about this for some time, I went ahead and ordered one of the posturing buck decoys. It got here today and I am blown away at the quality and how good it looks. Looking forward to some fun hunts with it in the future.

Just got one of his turkey decoys, upright hen. Looking forward to putting it to the test!
I have hunted with his Turkey decoys and they flat out work. You won’t be disappointed. It’s actually my experience with the DSD turkeys decoys that persuaded my to finally pull the trigger on the deer decoy.

Just got one of his turkey decoys, upright hen. Looking forward to putting it to the test!

Get some black paint because every hen that sees it will peck her eyes. They are soooo real. I have left my Jake decoy to stalk a turkey and ended up stalking my Jake when I returned more than once. Fooled myself.

I know a guy that took the entire hide from a nice buck had it tanned and then using (I think) a flambeau had his taxidermist mold it on. Very realistic! I personalty don't want to carry anymore gadgets so not for me.

I have hunted with his Turkey decoys and they flat out work. You won’t be disappointed. It’s actually my experience with the DSD turkeys decoys that persuaded my to finally pull the trigger on the deer decoy.

Great, just what I need. A gateway to spending more money :D

Has to be better than my feather flex hen. Had a few gobblers hang up out of range. I know its that d**n old foam decoy. The bite marks in the neck and broken stake from the last coyote attack had her on life support..

Great, just what I need. A gateway to spending more money :D

Has to be better than my feather flex hen. Had a few gobblers hang up out of range. I know its that d**n old foam decoy. The bite marks in the neck and broken stake from the last coyote attack had her on life support..
I have a buck decoy and I have had bucks charge it and hit it and do some damage just wondering how well DSD will hold up if it gets hit . It’s a lot of money.

I have a buck decoy and I have had bucks charge it and hit it and do some damage just wondering how well DSD will hold up if it gets hit . It’s a lot of money.
Not sure if this is a DSD.........Jump to the 2 minute mark.....the first one is decent the next one is good.....

Can’t speak for the deer decoys. Yet. But I have a Jake decoy and a Tom hit it and split the material right at the neck joint. They are expensive so I called. They said to cut the head the rest of the way off and send them a pic. I did. The next day a new one was in the mail. Excellent customer service.

Can’t speak for the deer decoys. Yet. But I have a Jake decoy and a Tom hit it and split the material right at the neck joint. They are expensive so I called. They said to cut the head the rest of the way off and send them a pic. I did. The next day a new one was in the mail. Excellent customer service.

Well thanks customer service is very important.

Top Bottom