Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Cam

dblmainbeam

I bought and put out my first deer cam this weekend. I cant wait to get my first roll used up. How often do you guys with cams check them?

Last year, I lived 125 miles from where I had them set so checking was every 3-4weeks. I now live close so as I start setting them up in the next couple of weeks, I will check them on a weekly basis

I was kinda planning on once a week, but I thought that might be to soon. Thats what im going to do. It's going to be along week though. I'm almost as excited about getting my first roll developed as I am about hunting.
yay.gif
How many cameras do you put out? Thanks

I have two right now with the addition of 1-2 more before summer is out. I have the DEER CAM with the Xpander unit that password protects it plus your name and phne number are branded electronically into the board so when it doesn't work, theives send it back to NONTYPICAL for service because it doesn't work, NT sends it back to its rightful owner. Just a though for you in protecting your investment

It depends, I usually go a week or two, but i place mine on trails only. I know guys who place them over bait piles and change them out daily! I will check my close to home digitals more often though since i dont have to drive to get the film developed. You will have to wait and see how many pics you get the first week.
Good luck!!!

My cameras go to work immediatly after turkey season--and continue until the coon hunters start running hounds.Antler growth would surprise most. Best exomple was May 29, 2001. First photo on a new camera was 20" wide, G1 fully grown,G2 splitting up a few inches and main beam still in early development stages---sure makes ya want to get out early!!That deer showed up again shedding velvet in end of Aug. MOREL OF STORY--Had I not gotten such an early jump, I never would have put so much effort into the falls preperation for that location. Deer was shootable 5x that fall, up to 5 yards on Thanksgiving eve., passed because of broken G2 right beam.He died Nov. 6 to a well placed shot by Parkerman and grossed 187 typ. Man I enjoy cameras..
Stealth cams are ok for close in photos--timer is very versitile and cost is very low on some models.. They do eat batteries, have plenty of AA on hand. Any ideas on hotwiring to deep cell VMAN.Let me know, I'd sure appreciate saving a few trips to the battery section this year.I do have the new MM2 out now-- same AA for 1 month, I feel this an exemption the the norm. M350 OUT

I also bought the non-typical dc200 with the xpander. It seemed like the best for the money. Ive always wanted to get some close up photos of deer in velvet and watch antler growth. Three days and counting until I check my cam. I seen a real wide,heavy buck the other night where I set my cam up. He looks like hes going to be a big boy. Hope I get a pic of him. Thank for the info guys.

M350,
it depends on how much room their is in the case. You can easily run a sealed lead acid battery instead. Just make sure you have the correct total volts.
Or just buy some good Nimh recharable AA's.

The expander password protects the unit so if someone steals it, it limits its use to them for only 40 pics or so. Then the red light begins blinking, they send it back to Nontypical, they hook it up and find your name branded electronically into the electronics. A good deal and worth the extra security in my opinion

The Xpander also tells you the time and date of every event that takes place even if your not taking a picture and gives you the history of all events of the camera. You dont have to mess around counting all the red blinks to figure out how many event have occured. I couldn't wait a week I went and checked my camera on wed. good thing because my film was all used up. Took the film to a one hour photo. I'm very impressed there wasn't a single miss fire and the pics are very good. No bucks all does and fawns. Cant wait till Sunday Im going to check it again.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom