Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Chat

That argument is long gone and It wont stop me from posting and replying. I'm going out Sat morning to hunt. Looking forward to a great hunt. Anybody else hunting this weekend?
BT

Smokepole,
I hunt in the southwest part of iowa. Lots of great deer and lots of good times.
I don't think any state can compare with the deer in Iowa. Unbelievable if you ask me. I'm just glad to live in this state. There are many people that don't have a clue about Iowa, but I will tell ya what... If they are hunters, they know damn well about Iowa.
How bout' you. Where abouts are you hunting? Have you already tagged out?

I think it would be a great idea for us Iowawhitailers' to start an organization outside of the site. I don't exactly know how or when, but obviously for deer hunting. There's plenty of fishing organizations in Iowa but where are the deer hunting orgs?
I'm interested in any thoughts on the subject.

BT

[This message has been edited by Big Timber (edited 12-07-2001).]

Big Timber,
I will be hunting this weekend, I would rather be bow hunting but this is a chance to get together will my brother and father.
Time fly's by to fast not to spend time hunting with the people you started hunting with. Are small group of three is not getting any younger.
I will be hunting in the southeastern part of the state.
Good luck and good hunting,
Bowdude..........

I hunt in East Central Iowa! My family owns a 200 acre farm and we also hunt all the adjacent properties. I harvested a deer during early muzzleloader and my wife is pregnant and due any day. I may pick up my bow and go out around christmas, but am planning to spent time with the new family. We know that we are having a boy, so in a few years I will have a new hunting buddy. Definitely interested in some sort of organization for hunting in Iowa! How great is Iowa? It has all the game I care to hunt! People have asked me to go to other state to elk or turkey hunt, but I would rather spend my time in the Hawkeye state!

Smokepole,
Congratulations to you and your new family. It sounds like you'll have your hands full for the next year or so... Good luck with the bow hunt.

BT
Go Cyclones.

BT,

There is something I am going to have to disagree with you on! I went to the U of I and am a Hawk fan. You guys are one up on us!

Smokpole, props on the new brood in advance coming your way!

I don't have any ruggies yet, just a spoiled ass golden retriever but when I do, there is a store in Omaha called Guns Unlimted that has the most kick ass baby camo clothes you can imagine!

My wife and I were there a couple of weeks ago picking up a barrel when I showed them to her. She wanted to procreat right there I think!

Dude, get one of those camo bibs for the boy, that won't suck at all!

I hunt mostly in SW IA BTW. In laws have around 8000 acrea spread out in the Exira, Carroll, Coon Rapids area. Some great hunting some could go either way. some of the ground while it does hold deer, is very hard to hunt. small thick draws in the middle of the field. They see ya coming when your on the road.

We got him a few mossyoak break-up outfits already! Call me crazy, but I have already started looking for an 870 20 gauge. Our land is like yours with ravines in the middle. Our situation is nice because we are right next to some public land, so the deer get push off the public land into ours. Great turkey hunting also.

Top Bottom