Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did not realize how much I have let modern bowhunting change me...

madplotter

PMA Member
I just realized this weekend that I got too obsessed with food plots and prep work that I took alot of the spontaneity and fun out of my experience.

Lost my 49yo BIL in 2022 so I spent the spring and summer helping his family with the estate and I will say that was one of the most demanding times of my life. So much emotion and differing opinions on what needed to be done that by the time season arrived I had not done a thing to prepare. Our families were close and it knocked the wind out of our sails. Been a tough deal ever since. That fall I just enjoyed being out there.
In 2023 we built a house, that certainly saps all of your energy so for one the few times in 40 years I never saw the timber. Fast forward to this year and my prep has been more on farm stuff and less on direct hunting but at least I managed 3 small late plots. I am going to slam in another little brassica plot, I know it's late but weather may not bother it too much. I will seed in the crop ground with rye this week as well as our corn wont be out for 3 more weeks due to a late planting.

I am kind of at peace with it all. Gonna try a couple new sets and spend some nice stress free timber time. Bit of a ramble but I can't be the only one who expects too much out my hunting. Anyone else make their hunting more stressful than it should be?

Top Bottom