Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR Seeks Public Input on Promotional Liscenses

Sorry missed this when it came out but still a couple days to comment on what looks to be "governor tags" I think?

hopefully the link works! otherwise just google search & the article should come up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting. Message sent - eliminate them except for donations to raffle for sportsman's organizations. Iowa no longer needs "promoted".

Act on this folks!!! Email, share this link - go!!! This is critical. They need to go!!!!!
We do NOT need or want celebs to jump the line, get tags without the draw with the sole purpose of promoting Iowas deer hunting to the masses!!!! It makes zero sense & has no merits - period!!! It’s a big part of the reason we have a 6-7 year wait for bow tag by me (vs every other 15 years ago). The best farms in country are hunted by celebs & promoted across country. Giving false perception of what iowa is like and creating a demand we Long ago could not accommodate. It’s creating pressures & demands to change our laws, creating access issues & driving draw times through the roof. ZERO MERIT TO THESE!!!! This MUST END!!!!!! WRITE IN & SHARE!!!!!

Unfortunately I don't think they are asking if they should exist, they are just asking for input on the clean up of the code. But, can't hurt to let them know we think they should go.

Unfortunately I don't think they are asking if they should exist, they are just asking for input on the clean up of the code. But, can't hurt to let them know we think they should go.
Yep. I just got message confirming that. The gov & those involved with program are catching a lot of attention on changing it. On it.

Just sent this while headed to work this morning, text to talk a couple small gramical errors however sure it will be understood.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240724_085130_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240724_085130_Gmail.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 32
I take exception with striking out that tags will be selected by an electronic unbiased drawing. So they are going to have a coordinator do it now, possibly with the introduction of bias and favoritism?

Also striking out that you need to pay upfront? What licenses have you bought that did not require you to pay at issuance?

Email sent.

My note

Denise,

I am writing to you in regards to "special" deer tags originally designed to promote Iowa natural resources. This rule is completely archaic and should be eliminated. This rule came to be before social media. Everyone in the hunting world knows about Iowa now. There is up to a 5-6 year wait in certain zones to draw a tag. That number continues to grow. As such, giving away tags for promotion is a bit laughable. Everyone can play by the same rules and wait in line..... or buy a governor's tag

Governor tags have a solid purpose and are auctioned off by deserving organizations for a ton of money. Those should remain in place.

Thank you

Rob Lange

Top Bottom