Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

doemower75 drops a big one

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Saskguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a pretty buck!!!</div></div>

Well I suppose it is finally time to get the story about this guy posted.

First and foremost I would say this buck proves that a quality mature whitetail can be taken on public ground in Iowa.

This buck had been patterned very well by my good buddy Cory who put me onto him. He was crossing the road from a corn field in the mornings onto the piece of public ground. The amazing part was immediately after leaving the road I was in standing water, even the tree I was in was in six inches of water.

The sound of the water gave me another advantage over this buck as there was no sneaking up on me. I could hear him from about 75 yards as he was closing into my stand. He proceeded to walk straight into my set and never detected a thing. I thumped him at all of 7 yards and he was down inside of 45 yards.

It took every bit of me to wait even 30 minutes to ease my climber down the tree and go look for him. This, again, is where the standing water helped, I couldn't see him go down but I sure did hear it. Talk about one of the most beautiful sights a bow hunter can see, the biggest deer I've ever arrowed or even had in that close to my stand balled up on the ground ready to be drug out of the woods and taken to his new home.

We green scored him and he is going to net somewhere right around 155.

Thanks to all you for the great feedback.

hoofline.gif

Great buck, Congrats ! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #3366FF">Would you like to become a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #3366FF">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

WTG man!! Public ground can be very good. We had a youth hunt here in KS this year and a monster was killed on public ground.
Score was well over 240 inches.

Caz

Top Bottom