Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE?

Split_G3
right now i am getting ready to start building my new log home and right now i am a little undecided on what type of heating system to go with. i am about 70% sure as to what i want to go with but i would like to hear some more info or hear from someone who has experience with them! the heating system i am thinking about is the new STAINLESS STEEL OUTDOOR WOOD BURNING FURNACE. does anyone know anything about these! the brand i am looking at is Heatmor. see it at www.heatmor.com i just feel that these things are so much more cost efficient and you get free hot water. if you have any info please let me know! also one more thing does anyone else on here have a log home? if so i would like to talk to you if at all possible?
waytogo.gif

Check with Hogie on here. He heats a huge old Dairy barn quite efficiently with a similar system. You can see the barn at his site. Chase the Adventure has a banner ad that will take you there. Good luck.

split send me a pm, i think i can help you i do that for a living. heatmor are the premier stoves on the market, but building a new home i know that all insurance companies will not insure a home with only an outdoor wood source as the heating system. maybe they will cause you are in a much milder region than us but i still doubt it. like i said pm me and we will set up a chat session or something

mike

Split, in my experience with building houses, the best way to heat homes now adays is to go geothermal. It's a little more pricey, but in 5-10 years it will more than pay for itself. It basically uses a forced air furnace that runs 1-2 inch plastic pipes out into your yard 100-200 feet deep. What it does is circulates water from your furnace outside then down deep into the ground and uses the ground heat to heat the water. Then brings it into your furnace and air blows over it then forced throught your duct work. You can also use this to heat your water heater. If your house is a on a slab or you have a finished basement, I would highly reccommend putting in Wirsbo InFloor Heat. This is where there is 1/2 inch flex pipe looping throught your concrete, heating the concrete in the areas that is is ran. Just takes about a day to heat the floor, then it stays warm for a week. If your not going to go the Geothermal route, then I would look at using a boiler to heat the floor/water heater/ and baseboard heat registers. I just put in a Weil McLain Ultra 80 Boiler/80 gallon storage tank. Very efficient, easy to install, easy to run, all digital, you can even manage it from your cell phone. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Supertec

Split, i have to agree with supertec on this one about the geothermal. We are getting ready to building a 60' x 90'
Morton shed and are going to finish have of it off for living. We are going to do radiant floor heat and put a soap stone wood burner in the living /family room. I have researched geo alot and it definenatly is the way to go. It is more expensive but it is extremely efficient. Also from our local R.E.C. we will get kick backs based on the size of your unit and a free lifetime Marathon water heater that is incorporated into your goe thermal lines. Somthing to think about.

in floor is the way to go supertec i agree. i have been putting weil mcclain boilers for years and regardless of what you read they are the best hands down. geothermal would also work good for you being in a milder climate. which ever you chose to do splitg3 take your time, if it is a woodboiler makes sure it is stainless steel fire box. also dont go and cut a ton of firewood we have found out that it is better to burn wood that is some what green.

mike

Geothermal hands down.

I have not looked into corn burners but a few friends have installed them in thier barns and they swear by them.
My 2 cents.

My buddy owns a shop in Bondurant, Ia called Mikes used Oil Burners, He sells the heck out of those corn burners. They ahve some pretty nice looking units that are efficient, excpet you have to keep adding corn to it. Word to the wise, don't use popcorn, it makes a heck of a lot of popcorn.
Good Luck.

Top Bottom