Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Double Bull Archery Video

Ghost

Life Member
While at the Deer Classic this weekend I had my two kids with me looking over the Double Bull blinds. The salesman gave my son the "Another Year on the Ground" part IV video. Anyway, we watched it last night and what a bunch of hunts. I didn't care much for the African Safari stuff over the man made water tanks. But, if you like to watch bowhunting turkeys, they shish-ka-bob a bunch of gobblers. How would you like to get paid to hunt all over the world to test the effectiveness of your equipment? I guess I'm a bit envious. Anyone else see this video?

is this the latest one where he does a backflip and lands on his head......Histerical!

The Double Bull videos are, by far, my favorite hunting videos. They have fun and aren't afraid to show it.

Rudd

Yes, part IV is where Keith lands a 10 point landing on his beanie. Once I saw his feet moving I laughed, otherwise I can sympathize. When I was about 8 I got bucked off a horse and landed square on the top of my head. Knocked me clean out and gave me one helluva concussion. I woke up a day later and havn't been the same since, as anyone who met me at the Classic can attest to. Limb, keep your posts to yourself now!!
wink.gif

Ahhh Hummmm! So your blaming it on the horse huh?!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Their videos are the only ones besides the Kisky's and Jay Gregory's that I would spend money on.

Is there one on there where the turkey's head gets completly cut off by a broad head? I was just wondering because I know the guy who shot it, and it was suppose to be on this tape. If it's not, you guys are missing one of the best hunt, and shots!!!!!!

jason

I own a Double Bull blind and love it. I also have a few of there videos. They are action-packed with lots of hunts and are entertaining. The only problem I have with the videos is how irresponsible they are for attempting to shoot a turkey in the head with an arrow. I think it's like deer hunting, If your not sure about the shot- don't take it. Turkeys deserve the same, as does any other animal. If you want to see your shooting potential, try it on golf tees or aspirin at 20yds. on the shooting range. Don't give the anti's any ammo.

It's not irresponsible to go for a head shot. You hit you kill, you miss you miss completely. There's no wounding in taking that shot. A turkeys head is no bigger than the vital really. There is technically more room for error on a body shot. It you shoot too far one way or the other you won't kill the bird, only wound it. A head shot is the cleanest shot hands down, it's also pretty dang tough also.

So if a turkeys skull is the size of the top of a pop can and you shoot and your arrow hits at about 3 o'clock, you take the beak off and the bird flys off and your trophy bird becomes lunch for the yotes or dies later of starvation. My point was, If your going to make a video for everyone to see including the anti's, do it in a way that demonstrates good ethics. Leave it up to the shotgunners to take head shots, turkeys move there heads way too much for an arrow.

I think that if you hit a turkey and just hit beak he'd be on the ground knocked out or you'd be able to chase him down. I don't think that after that impact he'd have the brain cells left for flight. But I do see your point. We'll just have to agree to disagree with this, eh?

tongue.gif

Muddy, Hope I didn't come across as a dink or a know it all. Just my opinion. I'm getting fired up for Nebraska 3,4,5,6 of April, hopefully we have some decent weather. Two years ago we ran into white-out (blizzard) conditions crossing the Missouri river. Good luck to all chasing em this spring.

dewclaw,

Naw, I would never think you're a dink unless I had met you in person.
wink.gif
grin.gif
Meeting a person on line is totally diferent than in real life. I come across as a moron on line but in real life I'm a TOTAL moron, just ask Limb.
tongue.gif

I'll be in Nebraska also, but the 2nd week of April so a week after you. I've been practicin', anything under 10 yards and I'm gunna cut his head off! Unless I miss, of course.

Where to you guys find these videos?
I'm assuming the Double Bull comes with a blind if you buy one, but how about the Kisky, Jay Gregory etc.. videos.
All I can ever find are H.S.,Realtree,Drury,Mossy oak stuff.
I was just at Cabelas and they only have the ones I mentioned above.

Pupster

Pupster,
Yes you can get a video with the blind but buying a blind every year gets expensive and after a while you wonder what the heck am I going to do with all of these blinds!
grin.gif
grin.gif

All of the videos that you speak of you can get from their respective websites. The Double Bull videos are "free" with a $5 SH charge. kisky.com and thewildoutdoors.com are the other two.

Sky Carp are in the air around my place so it has got to be hot down in the SW!
rambo.gif

Pupster

Last I looked we have all the D.B. videos at Scheel's except the 4th one. That one is free with the blind and we can't sell them yet. Or something like that. I think we also have some of Jay Gregory's videos but are out of the Kisky videos.

Like Limb said you can get them all from their respective websites also.

Another good video is "Lethal Flight" with Tim Wells. I especially enjoyed the squirrel and 'coon hunting with a bow.

Thanks guys,

Muddy, Whats the price on the videos?

Hey Limb, I sent you a P.M.

How do you know if you have a Private message and how do you check them if you do?

Pupster

Pupster

The DB videos are about $7-8 a piece. The Gregory & Kisky videos are $14.99-$19.99 I think.

To see if you have a private message click on your profile up at the top of any main page (not the one in your post) and scroll down. There is a place for incoming and outgoing messages.

Top Bottom