Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

double bull BS5

B

BJR

If there are any BS5 owners out there, do you shoot broadheads through the pass-through netting? And if so, have you experienced accuracy problems or had expandables open up on the way out of the netting?

I have the T2 and have not shot out the netting yet. I used a fixed blade head. I know the double bull guys shot rocket expandables at the time I received the video with that blind. They advertised that it won't deflect your shot. I don't remember if a certain style of expandable would open up or not.

I shot a rocket wolerine 3p for turkeys through the net on a BS5 last year. I experinced no problems with accuracy out to 35 yards. &^rocket

if i remember correctly the spitfire broadheads will open up if you shoot them through the mesh. i never do, just open up the windows and fire away.

We've taken animals with several fixed blades - Muzzy, Wasp, & Thunderhead 100 gr. - and Rocket Steelhead 100's. While testing the Steelhead's a couple of years back, my partner and I took turns standing on a chair behind the blind to watch the arrow flight...zero wobble, flew just like a field point
beerchug.gif

The Steelhead's are the only mechanical I can give you feedback on, but I'd stay away from most of them, especially those with "wings". Whatever you shoot, try it yourself first. I'm a little suprised how often this question comes up on different boards, doesn't seem to be too many that have spent much time experimenting shooting through netting.

You really don't need the netting for turkeys, but if you decide to use it spend some time getting your bow paper tuned.

The spitfires by NAP will open up. Fixed blades are recommended by me. I shot a spitfire at a turkey a couple years ago and one of the blades opened up and then I got to thinking.........the tips of the blades are dull. You can open up the blades with your bare fingers. I still made the shot because the bird was only 5 yards from me! It was a little off but enough to get the job done. I will use fixed blades from now on.
bouncefire.gif

Top Bottom