Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dress For The Kill

EIGHTPOINT

WHILE I RESPECT AND ADMIRE BOB THIS IS IN MY OPINION ANOTHER CASE OF BELIEVING THE LAST PERSON THAT YOU SPEAK TO ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. I AS WELL AS THE PEOPLE I BOW AND GUN HUNT WITH PAY PARTICULAR ATTENTION TO WASHING OUR CLOTHES AND EXCERCISING GOOD HYGIENE. WE NEVER WEAR OUR CLOTHES IN THE TRUCK, OUR CLOTHES NEVER SEE THE INSIDE OF OUR HOMES OR CAMPS WE HANG EVERYTHING IN THE TREES UNTIL THE END OF THE SEASON AND WASH EVERYTHING BEFORE WE PUT IT AWAY FOR THE SEASON.
I HAVE NEVER HAD A DEER MAKE ME DUE TO SMELL. I'VE WATCHED DEER CROSS MY TRAIL, WALK MY TRAIL AND CROSS MY WIND. MAYBE I'M LUCKY OR MAYBE THERE IS TO MUCH HYPE ON BUYING MORE STUFF AND NOT ENOUGH EMPHASIS ON GOOD OLD HUNTING TACTICS.
P.S. : I SMELLED MY LACROSS RUBBER BOOTS I'VE HAD FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS AND THEY DO NOT SMELL LIKE RUBBER ANYMORE.

Not to stir the pot either but I always wear my Lacross rubber boots with my pants tucked in. I get winded very few times in a season, although I'm quite careful not to walk on trails or where deer might cross my trail. And always come in the "back door" to the stand, and hunt only when the wind is right. I also own a pair of gortex bird hunting boots and these have rubber soles, so I'm not sure if Bob's just trying to push some boots or not. Bob is by far my favorite bow hunter.

Pupster

P.S. I have a video 5 or 6 years old and I'd swear Bob is wearing Lacross rubber boots. I'll have to get that video out and look at it again. Bob likes his coon urine.

I think the whole tucking/nontucking issue is all about money. How better on a video to show off what brand of boot you wear than to tuck your pants in?

Remember hot air rises, if your pants are tucked into your boots the hot air can rise out relativley unobstructed, even if you have the tops sungged up tight, there will be wrinkles that will allow your odor to escape. If your pants are over your boots and your boot tops are snugged up what little scent escapes will be filtered through your pants.

Then again I could be full of hot air.

The 'Bonker

A good tight rubber band around the collar of your coveralls might help!
grin.gif

So... If you ware supressent boots with supressent pants your bird dog won't find you, correct? Glad I have a beagle.

Stand on one leg while rubbing your tummy and patting your head.... You are now scent free!

This reminds me of rifle team shooters doing strange rituals at each yardline. A grape Nehi and a meatball sandwich at the 300 yardline. If the truck was late, look out.

Check out your latest hunting magazines and you'll see that Bob is sponsored by Supprescent. I love the stuff but I still wear rubber boots and I have never had a deer pick me up on a trail because of my rubber boots. If the boots Bob is selling are that good then why does he still need the coon urine for cover? The answer is, he is selling that too. Notice that he says "all coon urine is not created equally......I use Hunters Specialties coon urine." I guess HS has a higher caliber of coon to pee in there jars.
wink.gif

Top Bottom