Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

EHD

Muskrat24

Couple concerns. I have been out checking cows and fence and on the SXS on the roads and occasionally get a whiff of dead smell. A little more than normal but figured it was a random coon dead. Neighbor caught me and said he has two dead deer in his ponds. Can EHD start this early or when do the midge flies hatch, late summer? Also, I am seeing very few fawns with does. One fawn behind my house with 7 does/last year doe fawns. Thoughts?

Couple concerns. I have been out checking cows and fence and on the SXS on the roads and occasionally get a whiff of dead smell. A little more than normal but figured it was a random coon dead. Neighbor caught me and said he has two dead deer in his ponds. Can EHD start this early or when do the midge flies hatch, late summer? Also, I am seeing very few fawns with does. One fawn behind my house with 7 does/last year doe fawns. Thoughts?
It can hit this early. Infrequent & probably very mild if so. But…. It’s a virus & if there’s midges…. U got the chances for sure!!!! If u had a bad outbreak last year- likely the same serotype in system so I really doubt someone get hit again horribly that got blasted last year. Immunity does build. Frigin hate EHD
I got buzzards all over my place btw!!!!! Every field I pull in, every gate… all over. Then I remember I am making the raccoons go closer to extinction each week - so I appreciate my goofy looking bird friends cleaning things up. :)

Last night was the first night I noticed the midges (Polk county) and immediately thought of EHD and how this is earliest I can recall the bugs. What part of the state?

Thanks, I was afraid that be the answer.
Last night was the first night I noticed the midges (Polk county) and immediately thought of EHD and how this is earliest I can recall the bugs. What part of the state?

It can hit this early. Infrequent & probably very mild if so. But…. It’s a virus & if there’s midges…. U got the chances for sure!!!! If u had a bad outbreak last year- likely the same serotype in system so I really doubt someone get hit again horribly that got blasted last year. Immunity does build. Frigin hate EHD
I got buzzards all over my place btw!!!!! Every field I pull in, every gate… all over. Then I remember I am making the raccoons go closer to extinction each week - so I appreciate my goofy looking bird friends cleaning things up. :)

Top Bottom