Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Father and Son do it again!!!

Thefrgt10

PMA Member
Well I filled my 4th season tag this morning at 8:10. 2 year old gobbler with a 10 inch beard and just under an inch spurs, but he tipped the scale at 24lbs. It was a quite morning and we went to a new spot that we had never hunted before so we didnt know what to expect. At about 7:00 he started in up on a ridge and never shut up till the time I shot him, he must have gobbled 70 times. We had to move 3 times to finally get him. Me and the old man pulled a tag team on this bird and he finally decided to come in after about a half an hour pacing back and forth on the ridge not 80 yards away. Sharing it with someone you love, it doesnt get any better then that.

Here he is
Matt's%2002%204th%20season%20turkey_0006.JPG

Good luck guys and never give up
Numba1

I was hunting southern Iowa Monday morning in the rain for about an hour an a half and had not seen anything even though we had some gobbling they were not responding to the call.I finally got up after it quit raining I thought I would go check out the field's,I had only walked about a 100 yd's when I spotted 2 tom's and a single hen in this huge field about 200yd's out,There was a big creek bordering the field so I got down in the creek and made my way toward them and got as close as I thought I could and started calling pretty aggressivly,at first they just strutted around and then about 5 minute's later one of them broke and came my way but stayed to far out for a shot,then the other one broke from the hen and started coming my way!He came right in and I could not shoot him until he was about 5 or 6 yd's from me and if ya look at the pic you will see that his neck is pretty tore up.This turkey was a HOG,he weighed 27# and had a 10" beard and 1" spur's,I think he may be a 3 year old.
Good Luck Everyone!
Buckhunter
DCP_0018.JPG

[This message has been edited by Buckhunter (edited 05-08-2002).]

Top Bottom