Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Filled one

JW4620

The old man let me go play instead of work yesterday afternoon so i decided i would go out to one of our pieces of ground that borders a pasture and a picked corn field and it had a fairyly decent sized creak running though it. I hadnt hunted in in a while so thought i would give it a whirl. W got parked and camed up around 3:00 whick i thought was gonna be to lat because on the way to the stand seen and bumped some does and a few smaller bucks. Well i got settled in and it wasnt 15 minutes the there was a doe on the opposite side of the creak she hung around for a while and ventured off when a small 6 pointer tried to show her a lil affection. 30 min passed here came the doe back and the little buck after about 5 minutes of watching i heard a limb break behind them and the deer perked up and i could see horn and enough to grab my bow and get stood up and start planning some shooting lanes. The bigger deer let out a grunt and that little buck took off the other direction and as always he did stop broadside but this rack being behind the tree all i could tell was he was an old deer and a huge body so i figued hes an older deer let him have it i had ranged the tree at 42 yards earlier and he turned so he was slightly quartering away and i let her fly and and he got the business end of a 2 blade rage and ill be honest it was a little higher than i wanted but it was a lung shot never the less. I watched him run about 75 yards slow down and ive seen it on tv lol but he decided to go over backwards and there he lied. So i text a buddy to bring the 4 wheeler down as i knew it was gonna take a while for him to get there i sat about 20 min and backed out bout an hour passed and he got all loaded up and he had his boy with him who thrives on deer hunting of course the first words were how big and all i said was just an old deer who is past his prime and nothing impressive cause if i said he was big ground shrinkage would get me lol. well we found the arrow and with a blood trail u could walk and not have to stop to look there he was and bigger than what i had thought we took hime to my shop he is a heavy eight very simetrical and a rough score of 153 1/2 By no means is he the bigger buck i been after but still got a statewide and late muzzleloader. ill post pics as soon as my wife calls me to tell me how to work this camer to get pics on the comp.

joseytextsmirk3-1.jpg

J/K. Congrats on the buck!

Top Bottom