Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Finally got one

pirate_06_00

Tonight I finally got one. It is not the biggest in Florida but it will do for the first one of the season.

Got into the stand about 3pm and got settled in. The wind was perfect out of the east and about 72 degrees. Warmer than I like but what are you suppose to do in Fl. About 3:35 my buddy started in on the Fawn Distress call and all I heard was deer running everywhere. He set up about 250 yard to the south of me. When I heard the deer blowing and bleating I decided to get into the action. Immediately after 3-4 blows on the distress call two does came screaming out of the creek bottom. They looked and fed around for about 10 minutes. Then they started to feed towards me. The bigger of the two does was closer to me and I was gonna take her when she cleared the small pine trees in between us. She was at about 30 yards and the other was at about 40 yards out. Then my buddy hit the distress call again and the bigger doe turned and took about 10 steps towards him so I did not hesitate to take the other one. Perfect double lung shot with full arrow pass thru at 40 yards. She ran about 60 yards and piled up. I then hit the distress call again cause I heard the other doe still moving around in the brush and she came right back out but never presented the shot.

Scored her on the Rollin in the Does but it would not submit. If I measured her right it was around 107.

It was an awesome hunt and even thinned out one of the does in the herd.

Congrats on your doe ! How about a picture . . we don't see many Florida deer on this site. Hope the hunting keeps getting better and better.

Congrats Pirate! Posting pics is fairly simple...click on the link I've listed below. All you need to do is 1) register 2) submit your photos 3) copy & paste the URL here after clicking on the "IMG/image link" while you are making a post.

http://photobucket.com/

Hope this helps out.

You can upload photos right here on IowaWhitetail.com in the Photo Gallery section. The process is very similar to what Two Beards described.

Congrats on the doe. Good job on the small target!
grin.gif
I've had a heck of a time with mature does this year. Every time one came in range it was chased off by small bucks, coyotes, or a wind direction shift. Now I have to get my revenge.
smile.gif

Congrats on your doe,72 degrees,that makes for some tough hunting,good job.
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom