Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fire humiliates me again!!!!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I try…. I’m comfy with ANYTHING on a farm…. EXCEPT FIRE!!!!! I Get help. I Have plans. Still “burns me”. Thought blind was insulated from fire. Was cool seasons around it & also had a little buffer. Well- legs caught on fire. 10’ up came to ground level. It burnt the door off somehow & rest of blind just fine. New door & base & back on business.
I really can handle about anything with confidence. NOT FIRE!!!!! God has sent me a reminder message since i was about 8 years old playing with matches “fire is not your thing”!!! This was Another reminder. “FIRE MARSHALL BILL” is retiring from pyrotechnics!!!!
4212F885-A8B6-406C-A116-5B02E91894D0.jpegF7C8FFF8-22F3-4709-B24F-E835CA7B29FA.jpeg

Yikes! We lost a blind last year to a fire that escaped the neighbors. Our blind was an old, homemade jobby that we rarely used, but the sight of it en feugo, thanks to a nearby trail cam, was quite impressive.

Almost went there yesterday. I was cleaning up a bunch of tree limbs in a pasture. I thought it would be good to build a huge pile instead of throwing things on and burn as I went. I immediately started second guessing how close the pile was to old grass thatch around a pond right after lighting it. Buring off that grass would have been okay, but there were a bunch of white pines and spruces planted in it. The pines probably would have exploded into flames. I jumped in the Jeep, blasted up to the house and grabbed a water sprayer I had filled Saturday when I started the north end of the pasture on fire. LOL Got back down to the fire yesterday and was able to stop it from running through the fence to the pond.

We do several controlled burns each year on the department for people. Better know what you're doing and have the right equipment handy. You can make it look pretty easy, but it can turn ugly really fast.

Dang, that sucks. Looks like you can salvage some of the lumber and rebuild though.

When I was little, like 7 or 8 I remember my brother and I pouring gas on the dirt floor of the machine shed and lighting it on fire, then stomping it out. A machine shed full of tractors and farm equipment. We got busted cuz my parents noticed the nozzle of the gas tank was melted from where it caught on fire one time. Lol. Big man upstairs was looking out for us.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Gotta mow a fire break around those blinds Skip! Also dont take tips from Fire Marshall Bowmar's youtube channel LOL

Look at this!!!!! “New Old Blind” up!!! I’ve got a few junk shadow hunters I can make work. Replaced this spot with an old one. Brought redneck back to make sure it’s as good as new & it’ll go somewhere else.

BEFORE (or after I burnt blind down):
A3DFC04E-2683-47A6-A67E-08FC088D8E0A.jpeg
AFTER:
1F69B71F-F629-47EA-B8E9-EE49C6F8B4BA.jpeg
Guess I didn’t get the blind in pic. U get the point. I didn’t learn my lesson & used wood I had sitting around. Blind should be good until the next time I burn the county down.

Top Bottom