Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Bow Buck- Dream season!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
The kid is an animal. Charlie is so hooked it’s bananas. Shoots his bow non stop. Hunts when it’s 90 degrees & in the stand 4 hours before dark (few areas he’s not allowed in ;) ). He’s hunted 5 years now I think. Crazy amount of hunts & he did this hunt & sit all on his own.
He’s had a few nights he was trying to connect on a doe & it didn’t work.
He climbed in his set about 4 hours before dark again :). There’s one giant 8 with huge brows & trash that’s off limits to him.
Well…. He texts me… “dad, the huge 8 is under me at 10 yards!!!” Ha. 5 minutes later my phone rings!!!
“Dad, the one I was after came charging at the 8!!! The 8 was scared to death & took off. This buck bull charged him. I tried 3x to stop him. 4th try I yelled and he stopped at 15 yards. Think I smoked him. Perfect hit!!!” He was going nuts. Went over it all & we said “let’s go”. Blood all over. Perfect. 100 yards later this old warrior was crashed up.
Proud dad. Obsessed son. Expensive taxidermy bill that he’s taking some of his lawn mowing business & to pay for. Tagged out kid that knows he’s got the hunting situation as blessed as can be but he “gets it”. Kid works at it. Charlie just finished his 1-2 punch & it’s on to maybe a doe & some pheasant hunting. Best wishes to you all!!! Enjoy it- tagging one or not…. This whole experience is so great.
charlie-3.jpegcharlie-6.jpegcharlie.jpeg

The kid is an animal. Charlie is so hooked it’s bananas. Shoots his bow non stop. Hunts when it’s 90 degrees & in the stand 4 hours before dark (few areas he’s not allowed in ;) ). He’s hunted 5 years now I think. Crazy amount of hunts & he did this hunt & sit all on his own.
He climbed in his set about 4 hours before dark again :). There’s one giant 8 with huge brows & trash that’s off limits to him. He had a few nights he was trying to connect on a doe & it didn’t work. Well…. He texts me… “dad, the huge 8 is under me at 10 yards!!!” Ha. 5 minutes later my phone rings!!!
“Dad, the one I was after came charging at the 8!!! The 8 was scared to death & took off. This buck bull charged him. I tried 3x to stop him. 4th try I yelled and he stopped at 15 yards. Think I smoked him. Perfect hit!!!” He was going nuts. Went over it all & we said “let’s go”. Blood all over. Perfect. 100 yards later this old warrior was crashed up.
Proud dad. Obsessed son. Expensive taxidermy bill that he’s taking some of his lawn mowing business & to pay for. Tagged out kid that knows he’s got the hunting situation as blessed as can be but he “gets it”. Kid works at it. Charlie just finished his 1-2 punch & it’s on to maybe a doe & some pheasant hunting. Best wishes to you all!!! Enjoy it- tagging one or not…. This whole experience is so great.
View attachment 128253View attachment 128254View attachment 128255
Congrats! Great buck Charlie!!

Top Bottom