Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First Place TV Award

blake

Life Member
Fishing The Midwest Wins First Place TV Award

Fishing the Midwest with Bob Jensen, a thirty minute television series, received the first place award in the Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers(AGLOW) Excellence in Craft Award for the Television-Fishing category at the 2011 AGLOW conference held recently at Lake Rathbun near Centerville Iowa. AGLOW is the largest and most prestigious outdoor communicator association in the Midwest, and one of the largest and most prestigious outdoor communicator organizations in North America.

"Happy Days in Albert Lea" was the award-winning episode for Fishing the Midwest in 2011. This episode highlighted the Albert Lea Minnesota area and its successful attempts to revive a fishery from severe pollution.

Bob Jensen, the Host and Executive Producer of Fishing the Midwest explained how the "Happy Days in Albert Lea" episode came to be. "I met Lance Frank at a sportshow. Lance is a member of the Albert Lake Sportsmen's Club. He told me about all the efforts his group and others have done to revive the lakes around Albert Lea. I thought to myself that this sounds like a good story for Fishing the Midwest. Then I started talking to Susie Peterson from the Albert Lea Visitors Bureau. She told me about Albert Lea being home to Marion Ross, the mother on the Happy Days television series. Rock and roll legend Eddie Cochran is also from Albert Lea. Then I found out that Albert Lea is a "Blue Zone" city, which means it participates in numerous "healthy" activities in an effort to create a more healthy community. With all these storylines, I knew we needed to feature Albert Lea on Fishing the Midwest".

Jensen continued "I fished with area tournament angler Jason Howland and members of the Fountain Lake Sportsmen's Club. We caught a good number of largemouth bass, but most importantly learned that unhealthy fisheries can be made healthy again. The folks in Albert Lea have on-going projects in place to insure that the area lakes continue to improve in quality."

Jensen continued, "Making fishing television shows is more than just going fishing. We need a story, then our production team of Brian Dellis, Don Koshiol, and Bill Coit from Lifetouch Media capture the images and edit them in a compelling way. They did their usual outstanding job of putting the show together. These guys are experts at mixing the story and the video to create fishing shows that viewers genuinely enjoy".

Fishing the Midwest is recognized as one of the leaders in fishing education and entertainment in the field of outdoor communications. In addition to hosting an award-winning television series, Bob Jensen is a book author, produces a syndicated weekly fishing column, an outdoor radio show, and is the featured speaker at fishing seminars. Fishing the Midwest with Bob Jensen is sponsored by the most progressive fishing equipment and marine suppliers in the world.

Top Bottom