Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fishing in Cedar Falls/Waterloo

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
I'm living in Cedar Falls for college. Anybody in the area do any walleye fishing around here? Any spots or anybody want to get out sometime soon. I need something to pass the time because I'm getting sick of being inside and can't make the hour drive during the week to shed hunt.

likewise.. I'd like to get out sometime but these next two weeks with all the tests are gonna keep me inside unfortunately

it's a little bit of jaunt for you, but, this time of year i think or maybe a little later, people start hammering the eyes below the coralville dam where the water rushes through

Might have to wait for the cedar to calm down a little bit before you can start catching much below the dam. When I was at UNI we had some good days below the Broom Factory around the RR bridge. If the waters up we would get some pike across the way in that creek. Waders are nice to have. Used to get walleyes, pike and some good smallies in that whole general area.
I can't remember the name of the new lakes, well they were new when I was there, out toward the highway. They used to stock the smaller one with trout. I had a lot of fun out there with a fly rod once the ice came off. Good Luck

The lakes your talking about are Prairie Lakes just off Hudson Road. I've caught a few walleyes and smallies down below the old broom factory by the RR bridge also!

The cedar river is good. Dont forget it forks up by finchford. Lots of good snags and breaks. Wapsi isnt too far away to the east. Smallies, walleye, and channel cats should be picking up soon after ice out. Iowa River not too far to the west. Small river this far north all too often overlooked by local anglers. LMK when you can go - Id love to have anyone join me at night for some catfishin! :drink2:

Top Bottom