Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Found the motherload

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Jus thought I would share some eyes with everyone.

Alright so maybe I didnt find them, but it is awesome to go look at some real fattys.
These are just some males waiting to be stripped tommorow or the next days.

picture.php

picture.php

The whole station from shore.
picture.php

I stopped at the little DNR cabin over looking the nets and spoke with the DNR employee about this years havest so far.
They normally take somewhere in the neighborhood of 600-800 Quarts of eggs. After today they were right around 100quarts.

I was kinda bummed the big females were in a big net and outta the cameras reach. THey only had about 35females. They had stripped alot this morning so there wasnt a lot of females. The ones they did have were getting big. The smallest wasnt probably in the 4-5lb range, with a dozen around the 8-10lb mark.

This station is one of the larger ones in the state.

This is one of the larger Walleye stripping stations in the state. Its in CrowWing county just off of the Whitefish Chain. Pretty close to the center of the state.

Everything that is caught that is non-walleye is thrown up river to continue its spawning run. Hunderds of suckers/northerns have to be thrown over daily. The male/female walleyes are then put into seperate pens.

Top Bottom