Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

freak bow buck

nicerack

this is one my buddy harvested in bow season.
1597bruces_deer_024-med.jpg

Neat looking deer...As I was checking out his headgear, I couldn't help but to think of the new regulations in several Missouri (my home state) counties.

Had this buck, an obvious mature animal, wandered within bow range of my treestand this fall, by law I would have not been able to legally harvest him due to the lack of 4 points of at least one inch in length on one side. Correct me if I'm wrong, I only count 3 points on each side.

I realize this site is entitled "Iowa"whitetail, however, some non-residents such as myself chime in on occasion. I do hope the new Missouri regulations increase the number of more mature bucks. Whacking a 1.5 year old 7 or 8 pointer with 4 points on one side, and having to pass on a buck like this is wrong.

That being said, congratulations to the hunter who harvested this fine looking buck. He truely has harvested a unique buck.

MO

There's actually another 2 tines by the guys thumb on the deers left antler. But, genetically speaking, that seems like a bad policy

I stand corrected...Thanks for the imput. Kinda hard to tell from the submitted photo. Again, a really nice buck and I'm sure the hunter was proud to take him.

MO

Tell your friend congratulations from all of us, that is a weird looking animal. He will make a great mount.
smile.gif

Ron

Top Bottom