Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Free chestnut, persimmon, hybrid oak, pear, etc.

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
If a few members need any- I can set some out. Urbandale area. I have plenty ;). No charge. See what demand is like - I got homes for em but like helping folks out…. Lemme know & I’ll set some out u can grab at your convenience.
IMG_0327.jpeg

Wish. About a 2.5 hour drive. Why I sold over there ;). If I do- I’ll bring some with.

I wasn’t asking for a delivery. Just wondered if you were ever in the neighborhood. I’ll be up there soon. Need to get a tour of your farm one day!

I would be happy to pick up a few if the offer is still good. I work in Newton on Tuesdays so could swing your way while heading to Southern Iowa

I would be happy to pick up a few if the offer is still good. I work in Newton on Tuesdays so could swing your way while heading to Southern Iowa
Deal!! I’m not far off that route. Shoot me a PM here & I’ll make sure I have em set out for u.

Reactions: HWC
That's a generous offer! I'll be re-purposing a hayfield next year into more habitat and plan to work in some chestnuts, pears and oaks as part of that. Good mix of species you got there. I'm sure I'll be seeking some IA Whitetail advice next year when I get ready to plant.

Holy cow- lot of guys came to pick them up. I think all that I set out at my driveway got snagged. If anyone else needs any- I can set more out or tell u where to get them behind house.
Not all will make it. Replant the ones that die!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!!
I will refund all your $ on the ones that die. ;)

Last edited:
Imo, persimmons are the best fruit for a deer. They always make. Will grow on the worst dirt. Handle drought better than any other fruit that I know of. And will dribble the fruit all season long.

Top Bottom