Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ft. Sill 'eyes and Ft. Riley trout

Musky Hunter

I've be lucky enough to get some time off latey and do a little fishing. One eye was 5 1/2lbs the other was just over 6lbs. Didn't weigh the trout, but they sure were tasty!

Big_eyes_img.JPG

trout2.JPG

hoofline.gif

Nice stringer of fish, thanks for sharing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

Rare is right.... im gonna need a scale to identify! :D..... MAN,they should b swimming still. Hard hit on Two really neat fish to have around /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

Those really really look like saugeyes. You might check and see if that is what is in that lake. They are pretty darn big for saugeyes. 6-pound saugeyes are pretty rare.

Your right, they are saugeyes. On the lake I'm fishing (lake Lawtonka) saugeye get pretty big. The state record down here in OK. is around 10 lbs. I got these about 20 minutes and 25 yds apart, needless to say it was a good day on the lake.

Saugeyes do not reproduce so there is no real biological reason to release them. Iowa used to have a great saugeye program but they got away from it. Mostly Marion Conover's doing. It's a shame in my opinion because they did really well in a lot of Iowa's reservoirs. Ohio kept their saugeye program and it has done really well. Looks like Oklahoma's saugeyes are doing pretty darn well too.

Top Bottom