Fuming mad

This is a crowd I did not want to join the ranks of.. But, some dirty thieving pc of garbage got mine sometime in the last week. Boy if I could catch the dirtbag, I would teach him a lesson or two. This just sucks. I have had the thing out since late August and have gotten around 300 pics. Now its gone. What kind of hunter steals another hunters property, I just dont get it... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treerat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had an older style cuddy stolen off my own property this year. It was in a bear box which was bolted to the tree, padlocked shut, and cabled to the tree. I guess if someone wants something bad enough, they will get it. Needless to say, I wasn't happy. At least it was password protected and the loser who stole it can't use it. Rather than run out and buy another one, I am putting plans together for set-ups that will allow me to get good deer pics and catch anyone who messes with the camera. </div></div> A second camera taking pics of the first camera would be good. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

G6, I already have plans for that. I have an old camera that does not work so I plan on putting the case out with an IR mounted above out of sight using climbing sticks to mount it. Hopefully I will catch him eventually. I'd like to see his face when he opens it to find a note "Caught ya, see you at the district justice"!

I too am an example of a guy who has been had...I decided to put a camera up for two weeks after the gun season on private land we have been hunting since my dad was a kid, just to see what made it through the season and after making the 2 hour drive with my fiance and 5month old son I walked up to the tree to find it had been stolen...you talk about mad!!!!! We have a hunch who it is there are some new neighbors who moved in on the property next to ours two years prior to this so we are keeping a close eye on them now.....

Hanging them 10+ feet up on tree really helps get them out of line of sight, and most people walk right by them. I know they will get it if they want it bad enough, but they are going to have to cut the tree down or climb it and then cut the cable 12 feet up.

Vman...

What would be the cost of adding a tracking device to a homebrew? I know they are coming down in price but didn't know if it was feasible yet.

Can you imagine the surprise on the guys face when you pulled up with a officer and asked for your camera back and told him he gets a free ride in a real police car... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif It would almost be worth the cost of the gps unit. I doubt it will be long before this is standard in cameras, they are just too expensive to lose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Limb Chicken</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
W I doubt it will be long before this is standard in cameras, they are just too expensive to lose. </div></div>

Exactly!! I am surprised a company hasn't released them yet!!! But I think it is going to be really soon!!

Now if they could only give you an accurate wind direction reading, then they would be the only scouting tool needed!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now if they could only give you an accurate wind direction reading, then they would be the only scouting tool needed! </div></div>

Ha! I can see the little wind sock on a pole sticking out the top of the camera case! Sounds like a good idea but I'm afraid it would make the camera even more noticeable.

We have talked about a little windsock out in front of the camera, but with winds swirling, it is not as effective as one might think!!! Guess until they make one, I am going start a chart of wind direction every day!!!

Limb, that crossed my mind also. Guess I'll have to research transmiters & see what it would take to install one in a camera. Great idea for sure! The thought of pulling up to the guys house in a cruiser & seeing his expression would be priceless!

id buy a camera with a tracking device!!!
thats a solid idea.....and one id love to enforce after it got stolen!!!!!

Back