Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fun morning

kelcher

Had a great morning today. Had to be careful walking in to not get busted as birds had moved around some and were rooted right next to my path to get in. Once birds hit the ground I started working on him and was feeling hopeful since hewas only 125 yards away. He was pretty quiet on the ground, but I would get a random gobble every once in a while. I kept working him when all of a sudden a bird gobbled 20 yards behind me. You guys can imagine that!

A couple of hens end up walking past me at about 6 or 7 yards and then out of the corner of my eye I see three toms working past me at about 10 yards. Tried to stay patient and let them walk into my shot window, but one of them got a little nervous and started putting so I moved and dropped the hammer.

So fun!20230427_064029.jpg

Awesome, congratulations. A close gobble that you didnt even see coming had to be a wide eyed surprise!

Good heart pumping hunt! Close encounters of the turkey kind are hard to beat! Congrats

It's always tricky when they come in behind you. Nice work!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom