Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Gettin it done! Part 2

yotetrapper

April 20th ended up being a really good day for a buddy and myself! That morning I downed my bird and we decided to go to a little honey hole that I have access to that evening. The first two hours went by extremely slow with nothing in sight or even hearing anything besides a bunch of bluejays that really didnt like us. With about 45 min of shooting light left we spot a monster tom across a ravine about 250 yards out! So I pick up the slate and throw some clucks and yelps and some attempted purrrs at him but he didint want anything to do with us. While we were working on him another bird snuck in on the backside and let out a gobble not 15 yards from the blind. Then he dissapeared and before long he was drummin right behind the blind and going for the lonely ol' hen!! We had to do a little arranging and by the time my buddy got ready the turk was out at 25 yards and just drilled him!!!! Bird took off and died about 50 yards from the blind!!!
Needless to say AWESOME DAY!!!!:drink2::drink2:
23.5 pounds
10 1/4 beard
1 inch spur 7/8 inch spur
hunting047.jpg

hunting051.jpg

hunting054.jpg

Top Bottom