Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Getting psyched!

H

huntress

Anyone REALLY looking forward to the spring turkey season yet? I am,although the season here in NY doesn't start until May 1 and goes till May 31
grin.gif
I got a Primos Power Crow call at Walmart last week; it sure does sound nice,but it sure is loud,lol! I still need another striker or two and maybe another mouth call. Can't wait to get out there though and give those toms a hard time!
grin.gif

You know what's most amusing? How we always "need" that other striker or mouth call, or pair of boots, or blind!
smile.gif
My wife thinks it's amazing that I can spend thousands of dollars on hunting equipment and have to replace it every year or so when I still have shirts from high school laying around that I wear when I'm lifing weights or working!! Here's to new toys!!
beerchug.gif

Muddy I would have to agree with you. My "needs" in my turkey vest have me looking like a giant turkey all fanned out in the woods

I was getting pumped about spring turkey hunting during late muzzleloader deer season......saw so many birds it was amazing. I've been gearing up as well.....just bought a new Lynch box call for my brother-in-law and some mouth calls......trying to get him his first bird.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Hey Bighole,I'm in Allegany County in the southern tier/south eastern part of New York. I don't think the snow will hurt the turkeys very much,I was out looking for sheds the other day and found fresh tracks,which is good sign.I would be more worried about the below 0 weather we were having but we are getting a thaw this week,thank goodness!
grin.gif

What part of NY do you hunt in? I grew up in Otsego County in the Southern Tier. Is all the snow going to hurt the population? I was thinking of coming home to hunt this year.

Top Bottom