Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Giant Velvet

T

Tripps

157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif
I caught this buck heading down a funnel on its way to a bedding area at 7:44am on Sept 6 03. My first trail cam pic too!

Attachments

• 31579-Untitled-Scanned-07.jpg
    31579-Untitled-Scanned-07.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 164
What a hog. Now you won't be able to wait until the next role is completely full before you pull it out of the camera to have it developed.
waytogo.gif
Great picture and good luck with that one.

Thanks for your Great replies. I got a Question for you guys. I caught a glimpse of this great buck last year around the end of bow season, so I went back and shed hunted very hard and found none of his sheds. I thought someone had got him till I bought the trail cam a few weeks ago. How big of a home range do these bucks have? Any comments will surely help!

Depends on the area, available food source at the time and hunting pressure. Suburban bucks may not travel as far as some rural bucks and praire bucks may travel miles in a couple days time. The kind of ground are you on and how much timber there is in the general area versus open fields and fencerows will be a big factor. What type of area are you hunting?

And you never know. You could have stepped right over the sheds and never seen them. I guess I should say walked by them because you'd have to jump over one of those sheds. Nice buck and good luck with that one.

Shredder, The area I hunt in I would say is about 50/50 mix of timber and corn/bean fields. For about 5 mile radius. Then you get into some huge crop fields and very little timber. They area I got the pic is about 200 acres of timber surrounded by corn fields this year. I only have permission to hunt a small part of it, about 70 acres. As far as hunting pressure, very little to none for bow, but for shotgun season its full!!

If I were going after this fella and had the info you do, I would start the search in about two weeks for his rublines. Speed scouting in the area can prove to be helpful in finding sign and as soon as the crops come out, his hiding places will turn to funnels, ditches, brush piles and creek bottoms. These would be the places I would start in your trek for the ol fella. Keep us posted if you get him nailed.

What a pig. I would love to see the photo in person or a high resolution scan where I could see the buck better. I could do some photoshop magic for you and get you a better photo of the buck. Scan the photo at 300 dpi and send me a .jpg file and I'll doctor it up for you. Send to bnbjackson@mchsi.com

Congrats!!!
beerchug.gif

Ok, I will send you a the pic, I tried to get a better one on here but I guess I suck at it, lol....
mad.gif
mad.gif

WOW!!! That is an awesome buck. Best of luck this hunting season on putting an arrow through his chest!
smile.gif

Top Bottom