Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Good Luck IU

W

wisco kid

Just wanted to wish all you Iowa fans good luck tomorrow in the Orange Bowl. Big Ten has really been kicking butt so far this year in all the bowls, lets hope Iowa can keep it going!

rambo.gif
USC

rambo.gif
Miami

As a Boilermaker grad I can say we did our part in the Who Cares Bowl. I'll be rooting for Iowa wherever they are playing.

GO HAWKS!!!! Can you believe there is an estimated 47,000 fans that traveled to FL for the game! They said it was a record for most people from a state to attend a bowl game. They also said there would be about 10,000 hawk fans tailgaiting ouside the stadium because they couldn't get tickets. I guess it sure beats going to Boise. HAHA

Its too bad the Hawks LOST to that team that went to Boise.If it werent for that LOSS to IOWA STATE,the Hawks would be in Tempe,playing for the National Championship.Too bad. I'll still be rooting for the Hawks though,because I live in the state of Iowa.

sorry,but I just get sick of
the Iowa State bashing.
Why cant you like both
teams from the same
state.

10,000 outside? Woa. I graduated from Purdue 22 years ago, but have never returned for one game of any kind since. While I was a student I went to every basketball & football game. Back then I always wondered what possessed all the old alumni to drive up in their RV's for all these games. I guess I still do.

Since then I have observed the most fanatical fans are in the farmbelt areas of Nebraska, Kansas and Iowa. I think this is because there's not much competition for the pro circuits. Up here we have all the Chicago teams.

When I graduated Purdue I think they'd beaten Iowa for like 20 straight years through the 70's & 80's. Correct me if I'm wrong. Must have been in a recruiting slump or something back then.

CAPTAIN,
My cousin was a defensive captain for Iowa State a few years back, so I always gave him a hard time about playing for the Cyclones. Not trying to bash your team, I guess it is just natural instinct!

Top Bottom