Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Greetings from "south of the border"

Greetings from "south of the border"(northwest Missouri). I have been an avid reader of Iowawhitetail for about a year and finally gave in and registered to join in the conversation. Two quick thoughts: 1. It's been pretty warm down here also, but am seeing bucks chasing does. Three different bucks yesterday on the way home from a scouting trip and 2. I am one of those "NR's" who was drawn for a late season muzzleloader tag last year. I didn't pop a cap during several hunts because after a three year wait, I only wanted a "shooter".
This year I was not drawn so I'll take my preference point and try again in '02.

My point is, there are ethical, legal, non-resident hunters who have friends in Iowa and once in a while get the opportunity to come up and hunt Iowa with the hopes of taking a nice deer. Residents of both Iowa and Missouri should be thankful for the quality of hunting that is in their own backyards.

Just wanted to jump in and get voice heard from a non-resident who respects the law and to remind folks that not all non-residents want to obtain an Iowa deer tag under less than 100% legal means, only then to come to your state and violate the law and the deer herd. Stay safe and good luck.

We welcome any and all out of staters who are fortunate enough to draw a tag. You guys in Missouri give the rest of us plenty of opportunities to hunt in your backyard. You are right, we are very lucky to live and hunt where we do, it could be a lot worse. Good luck on the draw next year. If you don't see your dream buck, PLEASE shoot a doe!!

I appreciate out of state hunters like yourself who abide by the laws. Poachers give out of state hunters a bad rap and it's people like you that make the difference.
Hats off to ya.
Big Timber

Top Bottom