Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Grunt Tubes

Spysar

There's really nothing I've heard that can really duplicate the sound a buck makes. I haven't tried too many types. What are some of the best ones that sound the most like a real buck? I usually don't use calls too much, but they work sometimes and I think I should have one. Trying to upgrade without buying 5 different ones, I can hopefully get advice here.

I leaned to use my own voice. I’ve killed three bucks by grunting them in! Anyone can learn if they practice it and believe me it doesn’t have to perfect and no more fumbling around with a grunt call.
Three things will happen they will come in, they will ignore you or they run for cover

I leaned to use my own voice. I’ve killed three bucks by grunting them in! Anyone can learn if they practice it and believe me it doesn’t have to perfect and no more fumbling around with a grunt call.
Three things will happen they will come in, they will ignore you or they run for cover
I taught myself how to grunt and snort wheeze with my mouth about 25 years ago. It sounds way more realistic, but I will still take a grunt call (flextone) with me just in case I have a cold and don't sound good.

Got a buck roar coming. I remember actually hearing some buck roaring prior to the huge EHD die off of 2012. In NE. Ther'd be 6 or 8 bucks chasing 1 doe, the times I heard them roaring. Back when deer numbers were high.

I'm assuming the buck roar call does regular grunting too.

I also had success with the Buck Roar, called in and killed 3 mature bucks in Illinois and passed on a couple. I don't use calls too much anymore, but I have one I bought years ago I really like. Don't know of they're even made anymore. It has a long, small poly tube with a safety pin you clip on your collar and one on the tube to clip on your jacket or pants and angle it down and back. Suck on the poly tube gives a softer grunt. I do use my mouth to snort wheeze though.

Top Bottom