Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"hard horns"

scout

I was just looking at an 11 or 12 pt. from a distance with binos. He was bedded in tall hay/grass next to corn. He was void of ANY velvet. cool! To bad the 7 day forcast calls for more 70-80, but the nights are getting cooler
smile.gif

Just seen a hard bucks and a bunch of dows west of waterloo <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TLH:
Agree, just saw my first hard horns this morning.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw five bucks.....all with velvet. I know that will be changing soon!
smile.gif

I video taped a couple of bucks on 09/02/01 in a soybean field. Both were still in velvet. Next time I'll bring a tri-pod. When I reviewed the tape, it looked like one of those NYPD shows (shakey).

I would say most bucks are velvet-free by now, September 4th was the big day, the light of the full moon is when most of the big boys rubbed off that nasty velvet
smile.gif

I saw a real nice heavy eight pointer on the way home from work. He had shed his velvet and his coat was begining to change to the color we've been waiting for!

Saw two velvet antlered bucks putting up stands today. One basket rack had a side broke off. Maybe they will let the little fella slide this year.

Caught this buck today, he has rubbed off all his velvet. I found him by his line of very fresh rubs, he was bedded on the edge of this thistle patch. Yes, I am pulling out thistles as we speak
smile.gif

SmllThistleBuck.jpg

Hung a couple stands this morning and saw a few rub lines starting and one scrape below an overhanging branch along the edge of a field.

Drove a couple back roads Thursday night in the rain just before dark and saw a couple nice bucks that looked like they'd just come out of velvet.

Patrick

Top Bottom