Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heading North

jkratz5

Just curious if anyone has been up in Northern WI or Northern MN in lately. Heading up in about 10 days to hit the toothy critters (muskies) and smallmouth hopefully. Last few trips up have been very successful but was just curious if there is anything that the fish are really hammering right now. Any info. would be appreciated. (I will actually be in the Eagle River, WI area).

Thanks
Jarin

I leave for lake of the woods in just a couple hours. I will let you know what we have luck with. I just talked to the resort owner he says they have been hitting bucktails lately.

Im a little behind on this, but better late than never... :D

I fished 4 lakes in 3 days in central MN. saw only one fish, she blew up on a weagle twice, but that was all I saw, it was slow..... but things should be getting better, hopefully by the time you get there Jarin they should be rockin!

Ive been up several times to Leech already this year and last week the skis were ON! 74-76 degree water and 8' cabbage were good. I boated 3 in 7days but had alot of looks and misses also. I almost religiously stuck with a walleye colored reef hawg but also had some luck with a double blade black and pink cow girl.

good luck.

Thanks for the info. boys. Getting pumped up for the trip. Can't wait to hook into a big ol gator.

Kratz

Leech

Ive been up several times to Leech already this year and last week the skis were ON! 74-76 degree water and 8' cabbage were good. I boated 3 in 7days but had alot of looks and misses also. I almost religiously stuck with a walleye colored reef hawg but also had some luck with a double blade black and pink cow girl.

good luck.

Antlerfreak: I'm curious, it sounds like the muskies are sitting in the cabbage and chasing on Leech. I would assume some walleyes are in the cabbage as well, did you hear of anyone fishing the cabbage for walleyes or perch??

after fishing my typical hot spots (rocks and ledges) for the first 2 days with not much luck, I started fishing back at weed lines and cabbage and did have my best luck skirting 10' cabbage with a plain snell. the weather was 90 and sunny everyday thow and the water was like glass for 9 days straight so things were abit different than usual.

i live in the Hayward area in northern wis and a friend of mine is a guide says the muskie's are starting to turn on right now......smallies are usually cooperative in my area

Top Bottom