Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

HELP! SLUG SEASON QUESTION

iowabruce

Here's a good one, what do you guy's think? I know you can't buy tags for friends and family members and just use them without the person actually there at the time the deer is shot but how about this. If a person had a tag, was actually helping with drives, recovery of the deer, tracking , etc......BUT WASN'T CARRYING A WEAPON OF ANY KIND......since party hunting is legal, could another hunter with only a antlerless tag use the person WITHOUT A WEAPON'S either sex tag. A friend asked me that question and since I haven't slug hunted for about 15 years , I don't have a clue. Any input would help.
confused_em8.gif

I believe the law says that the deer must be tagged within 15 min or before it is moved. Party huntings allows any one in the party to tag any deer killed reguardless of who shot it. I think you would be completely legal, but it is always a good idea to check with your local DNR officer to see how they interput the law. They are not always the same. The person with the tag would also need to be with the deer when it is transported. God luck this weekend.

Top Bottom