Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Honeysuckle sprouts

muddy

Landowner had a guy brush hog honeysuckle and the guy did horrible job spraying the stumps. Tons of shoots off stumps popping up, but all pretty located easy to access. Most under a foot tall and stems softer and pencil thin. If I mix some hot roundup or glyphosate will spot spraying them kill this crap back? Heard I could mix diesel in the spray as well?

If you only have a few vines, cut them off at ground level in late summer and spot treat the cut ends with undiluted glyphosate concentrate. The undiluted concentrate is usually 41 or 53.8 percent glyphosate. The label should state the percentage to be used.

If you have a large stand of honeysuckle, mow or weed whack the vines as close to the ground as possible. Allow them to re-sprout, then spray the sprouts with a 5 percent solution of glyphosate. You can make the solution by mixing 4 ounces of concentrate in 1 gallon of water.

Drill holes in the stumps for larger trunks and pour weed killer into holes works well too Muddy.

1744762.jpg

Landowner had a guy brush hog honeysuckle and the guy did horrible job spraying the stumps. Tons of shoots off stumps popping up, but all pretty located easy to access. Most under a foot tall and stems softer and pencil thin. If I mix some hot roundup or glyphosate will spot spraying them kill this crap back? Heard I could mix diesel in the spray as well?
Double checked with my forester after we spoke yesterday... yup gly on honeysuckle. Don't dilute more than 50%.

Man this is fantastic news if GLY is a great tool. Thank goodness I don’t really have any BHS!!! Glad gly can fry it!!!! Good news!!!!

Top Bottom