Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How Big is He?

OneCam

Just got film developed from my first roll taken with a new Non Typical trail timer camera. This was the 2nd picture actually taken the first is of a 130' tall 8 point which is also in this picture. I have been watching this deer for the last 2 months and have a pretty good idea of his score but thought I should get a second opinion. What is your guess as to how much he scores total and main frame typ?

uploadedchris_deer1.jpg

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 08-20-2001).]

I think your right on the score mid 130's but the body looks pretty scronny. Do you think he is on the way downhill?Is the one In front also a buck. Looks like the camara is workink good.

Here is a 1st picture that I mentioned was taken just prior to the other above. This is also the same deer that is in the left hand side of the previous picture. It's funny how much bigger it appears because of the distance and camera angle. If you will notice this deer is standing in the exact same spot as the previous deer and you can tell is actually smaller in body size. This also may help in your size estamation of the original buck. How big does this buck appear?
uploaded8pt.jpg

Great pictures OneCam, I can see how the trail cameras could be addicting. I'm interested in how hard the camera was to set up, and what did (if you don't mind) you pay for your camera?
Also it's nice to see the larger buck losing his summer coat. Keep up the good work.
Bruce

IowaBruce, the unit I purchased was surprisingly easy to setup in the standard mode which will take pictures at 4 settings between 30 seconds and 30 minutes apart. There is also an advanced mode and a professional mode that take a little more time. The unit, DC-100, seemed to be well thought out and engineered very nicely compared to the competition. I picked it up for $260 new, including a one-year warranty on the camera and a two year warranty on the electronics.

Looks like he's got stickers on both sides. My guess is 140 NT. Very nice picture.

It looks to me like the big one is a basic 8 point with long beams. I think he scores about 152" - 155" without counting the stickers.

The buck I harvested last year looked just like the second and mine netted 144. Just trying to help

BigGuy, you are in the same range as my estamation.
I know it is hard to see in this picture but the larger buck does have G-4's although they are short. This buck also has a double left brow tine that is a bit shorter than the right side and a drop tine begining on the left antler.

Pollackalope, I would have to say this buck is a shooter in just about anyone's book.

I agree with OneCam on the first bucks size, he is in the high 140's and probably low 150's, a shooter.

The second buck would be tempting but I would let him walk as well, he will look great next season.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

TLH

GOT HIM! I hunted this deer, "SILVER" all year. He finally came into the decoy. 30 yd shot, went down within sight. Just in case you were wondering . . . "Silver" green scored: gross 169 NT Netted 155 Typ after all deductions.

uploadedPicture%20004.jpg

[This message has been edited by iowawhitetail (edited 11-10-2001).]

Nice buck! I never figured he'd score that high looking at him in velvet, since they look bigger then. Did you shoot him yesterday?

Top Bottom