Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hoyt Havoc

Bone Crusher,
I have been hunting for years and the havoc is the best hunting bow I have ever shot. As you well know, every hunter differs in shooting styles, strength, etc. The havoc is light, short and FAST. You also might try looking at the new buckmaster g2 which is similiar to the havoc. See Ya,
Big Timber

General, You dont know what the hell your talking about. Let the man choose on his own. NOW THATS AN ORDER!

Actually, I shot a Hoyt three months ago when I was looking for a new bow. I found a considerable difference in the amount of vibration between the two, with the Mathews shooting better. The Mathews also shot considerably flatter. As far as affording arrows, I guess that depends on what you do for a living. We generals are well paid. Yeah, Mathews are overpriced, but I consider the extra money a donation to our weak economy.
smile.gif

While picking up and returning pop cans for a living doesn't pay too well, it puts food on the table. As for vibration you could be right, although my Vortec doesn't seem to have any. The trajectory issue is a matter of speed, if I am not mistaken. Not trying to step on your toes, I just prefer the Hoyt.

No need to get hostile boys! Everyone knows that Mathews is the best bow on the market. Yeah, it is overpriced but why buy an inferior product that will be obsolete in a few years. "Hoyt" BUY A MATHEWS..........

don't worry, there won't be any fights between bigtimber and myself. we go way back, we were roomates in college. bigtimber knows too well that i know what i'm talking about. he's probably frustrated because he hasn't shot a buck for awhile. carry on bigtimber!

[This message has been edited by thegeneral (edited 11-09-2001).]

hey thegeneral, the other guy you are arguing with "Hadwin" if you didn't know all ready is my brother so next time you guys see each other you can continue this in person.

It's apparent that Tinks69 and the general haven't shot a Hoyt. They're better than Matthews and a couple hundred cheaper so you can afford to buy arrows too.

I suppose that everything is a matter of preference to some degree, but as far as requiring the 'best bow on the market' goes, I shot a 30 year old + PSE Pacer until this year. I still have it and it shoots excellent. It's so ancient that it has the wide wheels in metal brackets bolted to the inside of the limbs.

Matthew's bows are nice, Hoyts are nice, but it's not the bow that kills the deer. Go with what you know.

Top Bottom