Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hoyt X-tec

DOR

Life Member
Shot the new X-tec last night> first impression was that it was a little heavier than my razortec, but seem to be a little smoother of a draw. Shot my arrows out of each of them and got 272 fps from the x-tec and 277 from my razortec. both were cranked all the way down. Anyone else shot it yet?
I will be sticking with the razortec again this year. I did like the new handle grips better on the x-tec.
Dor
26404-archer[1].gif

pretty much the same conclusion as me DOR. besides, i can't bear to sell the bow that was so good to me last year.

my thoughts exactly. I also have been told that you can get the grip insert from the xtec and insert it into the razertec if that makes any sense?

I sure like my XTec. Have been shooting it since mid December and I find it to be fast, smooth and quiet with no hand shock whatsoever. But, I honestly couldn't complain about any of the Hoyts that I have owned. I also got one heck of a deal on a hardly used 2004 Protec with spiral cams so I will be testing two new Hoyts this year. I'll give you all some more opinions on both of them later.
not_ripe.gif
pineapple.gif
yay.gif

My 03' supertec is going to sit on the shelf for a little while, got my new Ultratec a month ago, with spiral cams, xt3000 limbs, Love it! Still waiting on my UltraElite, got it with spiral cams also. Should be a screamer. My buddy got a xtec a few weeks ago, he shot the razortec the year before, and seems to like it better. Personal choice I guess.

Hey Supertec....what's the deal with the new Elites from Hoyt. Talked to a dealer today and he said they run about a $1,000 dollars. Is that right? What is so
special about those? He said he wouldn't carry them because of the cost. Just curious, sounds like you might would be the man to ask.
Firedog
bouncefire.gif

They are going to run about that, there probley will be very few dealers that will carry them. They have a 1/2" longer axle to axle, 1/8" longer brace height, 2 oz. heavier, they have a new Triax limb pocket, the big difference about them is they have a shoot through riser. What that does is increase the lateral stiffness, and balance of the riser. They are also rated a few feet/second faster than the ultratec. Talk to IAARCHER about these for more details, or go to www.hoytusa.com. They are some really awesome bows.
Good Luck
26404-archer[1].gif

supertec, correct me if I'm wrong, but believe you are refering to the UltraElite, which has a 38" brace and extra 1/8" of brace height, the same reflex geometry, and the weight difference as you mentioned. The ProElite has a the same specs as the ProTec(38"ATA, 8 1/4" brace ht.,1/2" deflex...) and the new shoot through riser not only have an increased lateral stiffness,they also have the triax pocket stabilization system which gives you tighter pocket tolerances, and like the other bows in hoyts line 3/4" split limbs, TEC riser design, etc. I was able to shoot both and they are among the smoothest bows I have ever had the pleasure to shoot. The target bows are going to be a little bit more expensive compared to the camo bows, about an extra $100.

Top Bottom