Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I heard something yesterday

DOUBLE LUNG

I heard yesterday from a pretty good source that Tony Louvsten shot a 200+ droptine buck with his bow this year. Has anyone else heard that. I was told that he wanted to prove a point that last year it wasn't just a fluke deal.

Why does he have to prove anything. From reading alot of the background on his WR. there is no bragging. That would be awesome if he did though.

I want to prove a point to so I am going to go out and shoot a 200+ droptine buck.....

I'll be back in a few minutes with pictures.

considering that world record buck was his first ever deer i think he probably does think he has to prove something to everyone. personally i think he is trying to prove something to himself. it wasn't just blind luck that he went out and shot that WR, by taking a mature buck this year he does prove that he's enjoying the sport and is now hooked. in the upcoming years i hope he continues to stick with, and enjoy, the sport like we all do.

the ole mudster said it as well as it could be said..............go tony..
waytogo.gif

A big thumbs up to Muddy's response! I hope Tony enjoys deer hunting as much a we do.

I hope he becomes famous for killing big bucks and a source of knowledge for others. The door has been cracked open. I hear opprotunity knocking. The number of well connected people he has met must be huge. I would think many very experienced people would be more than happy to "help" him find future success in the word of whitetail hunting, should it be his desire. If it were me, I'd try very hard to turn that WR into a career. but what do I know...
busted.gif

Hey why doesnt someone get that kid on this wecsite. oldbuck has the connections doesnt he???

[ QUOTE ]
I heard yesterday from a pretty good source

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense Double Lung but this is another rumor.

Onecam is correct. It is one more rumor that can be added to the pile. As many of you know I've been aware of this buck for a number of years and it has been an interesting study in human nature watching how the 'whitetail world' and rumor mill has responded. Overall I'd say 80-90% of what I've heard since the word got out about the existence of this but has been false.

The last time I talked with Tony in late October he seemed like your average, hard working, good natured, high school kid from rural Iowa. I got no sense that he was trying to prove anything to anyone about his hunting ability. He just loves to hunt like most of us here and was trying to figure out when he could grab the bow and get back out in a tree stand.

As far a proving anything, my guess is that, as a dedicated wrestler/athlete, if he is trying to prove anything it is on the wrestling mat.
grin.gif

Old Buck

I agree with Old Buck.Tony has a lot more to prove to himself at this point in his life rather than trying to prove anything else to anybody else.....

I figured if anyone would know for sure it would be on this site. The guy I heard it from was a pretty good source, but maybe not. He did say they wanted to keep it on the down low. Who knows, you can't believe everything you hear.

I have to say at least this rumor made me smile. Hopefully the rest of the "rumors" we hear the rest of this year are this positive.

I think Tony should prove he's like the rest of us. Get up early, sit in a tree stand for hours and hours and hours. Get very little sleep, keep telling your wife it's an obession and you can't help it, then shoot a doe. That's proven something. Your a bowhunter!
grin.gif

Top Bottom