Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

If you were going to create a bedding area...

Casper16k

Would you create it on the inside of your property with food plots on the outside or bedding on the outside with food in the middle. There are different scenarios, but I was just wondering what everyone does with their property.

My thought is how are you able to get to stands. If you can walk the edge of your property or next to it then bedding inside or if you have to trudge through the middle to get anywhere then bedding outside. I am doing some work with one of my properties this Sunday and we are creating food plots in the middle of an 80 acre farm. We can skirt the edges of the property to get to stands if we have to. Our biggest problem with the farm is keeping deer on it. They all tend to head out because of all the preferred food is outside the property.

I like a set up with food on the inside, Use the food source to get to stands between the beds and food and take the property edge on the way out on evening hunts just the opposite in the mornings. Some properties will need strategic screening with switchgrass, corn etc. to provide stealthy access to stands another good byproduct of switch and corn is their ability to block sound as well.

I live in the bluff country of south central wisconsin. All the ag fields are on the flat areas and woods on the bluffs. There is some flat area that have woods but for the most part its ag fields.

Knock down some trees and leave them lay along the outside of the timbers.. Gives ya good access route and dont get busted as easy as easy gettin in, plus it can work as a funnel too.. A windrow idea.

Top Bottom