Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa's 'Lake X'...another bass slaughter.

DannyBoy

Well we beat the wind tonight and managed to boat some fish. No true hogs yet this year, but the summer is still young. Aside from the spawn, these are the "hog days" of summer. And I have yet to fish some of my other hotspots. My partner did most of the catching tonight while I fought the wind. Fishing was tricky as well. The water was clear and my favorite cove was covered in thick, unfishable slime. Spinnerbaits worked well, plastics just okay. Topwaters were okay too, better in the main lake than in the structured cove. Plus as a bonus, my partner Dan boated three crappies...on a POP'R! Weird night, but fun nonetheless. No scale or tape unfortunately, but solid fish regardless.

As always, fish were released.

Here's a few pics. Enjoy!

094-1.jpg

096.jpg

097.jpg

098.jpg

100.jpg

Dan's topwater Crappie...unreal
101.jpg

Last edited:
Crappies on a popper, wow!

Those are some nice bass too. looks like you have quite a honey hole.

nice work Danny,
I will be calling in a favor with you very soon! ;)
:D

you guys done good!

Great looking bunch of fish boy's,me and my son have been doing really good on the bass this year too.There's been alot of great fishing weather this year that for sure.

Great looking bunch of fish boy's,me and my son have been doing really good on the bass this year too.There's been alot of great fishing weather this year that for sure.

Definately had some great weather! Take some pics and share with us!

Top Bottom