Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Is Your Legislator On This List?

ElkHunter

Life Member
<span style="color: #FF0000">IF he or she is on this list please contact them,if you've already done so please contact again and really stress how important this is. </span>
The people listed below are NOT in favor of Sustainable Funding

Just got off the phone with Don (lobbyist).

Here is the list of Reps. that need to be contacted. Don said this list is very important !

Christopher Rants--Sioux City
Kraig Paulsen--------Hiawatha
Jeff Kaufmann---------Tipton, West Liberty Area
Rod Roberts-----------Carroll
Doug Struyk------------Council Bluffs
Linda Upmeyer---------Garner

House Natural Resource committee voted 20-0 in favor of 2002 Sustainable Funding, it will go to full house soon. Very important that the house members above are contacted.

Just wondering if anyone is hearing any talk on this? I got an e-mail from my Representative yesterday & he said some members are starting to talk about throwing education funding and other items into the mix as well. He knows my stance on this bill & I thought he was on board too. We both are amazed at the lack of coverage and/or discussion on this bill considering it's potential long range implications for the State. Some positive coverage in any of the major newspapers & maybe an article in some of the Sporting Mags. (Muddy?) could help get the ball rolling. We've made it this far I would hate to see it falter from other members muddying the waters at this point. Can we get a conversation started on the State-wide level?
Maggs

Just heard back from Representative Schueller. Looks good so far. He said <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like it will come up for a vote tomorrow and I plan on supporting it.
At this time there are still some folks who are totally against this, but I believe
We will have the votes to get it through.
As always thanks for your feedback and please feel free to contact me should You have any other concerns.
Make it a great week." "Lynn,
Tom
</div></div>

I went to the rally today,saw several IW'ers there. A good turn out with many conservation groups there in support.Lots of one on one time with the legislators.(tornado drill in the middle didn't help) Some were at the capitol for the first time in support of an issue. Everyone was very respectful and did a great job. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
The real work will begin after this session, it will take a large grassroot effort from many groups to make this happen.

Thanks to all that sent emails and made phone calls.

Top Bottom