Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jason Petersen Bow Buck

G

This is my October 26 bowkill. I shot him from the
ground. Would have sent it earlier but my computer has
been broken down.

Thanks,
Jason Petersen (pete)

oct2604.jpg

Hey,

A big mature iowa buck from the ground...as they say -- it just doesn't get any better than that!

Congratulations!

Raven....

Here's the story,

He was working a scrape line on the edge of an alfalfa field. I had crawled out of my stand early because I hadn't seen a deer all night. I crossed out of the timber into the alfalfa field through a small hole in the woven wire fence. I was half-way through, and the buck jumped the adjoining fence to the east of me at 60 yards. I pulled my binos up and saw he was a shooter. I slowly grabbed my bow and knocked an arrow. I assumed he would scent me because he was down wind of me, but my Scent Blocker Plus must have done the trick. He began working his way along the tree line back to me making three scrapes. Finally he gave me a broadside shot at 25 yards. I was a little shaken because my one leg was still half-way through the fence, and it was getting dark enough that I could hardly see my sight pins. I started counting from 10 backwards trying to get my composure. Finally I let the arrow fly and watched the buck drop right to the ground. I hit him in the neck and severed his spinal cord. It wasn't what I was aiming for but it got the job done. I guess it will give my taxidermist a little extra work.

Top Bottom