Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Knight 209 extreme conversion

mole

I installed a 209 conversion on my wolverine last night. My question is if I keep the load and bullet the same will my point of impact change with the hotter flash? Anyone have an idea?

mole

good question mole. i've pondered that same question as i make the decision on whether to convert my MK-85.

chances are it will. i've talked to a couple guys and they said it made a difference.

it also makes a difference when you switch from pellets to 777...

i converted my knight wolverine from caps to primers a few years back, it had no change at all from caps to primers, but when i switched to triple 7 then it did change, it shot alot higher than normal, so i spose you would probably want to shoot it first and see
smile.gif

i just orderred a conversion kit for my mk-85 and was wondering if any of you who have already done this have noticed a change in firing reliability in bad weather conditions?(ive had problems with misfires in the past w mine)
crazy.gif

Are the new Knight conversions to 209 the ones with the plastic jacket? The early conversions were not- I think it would make a big difference in poor weather.

I just recently bought a Wolverine 2 Extreme and I would have to say that from what I have read the full jacket is worth the money. In fact, The Sept or Oct issue of American hunter taked about tests they ran knights through to see how reliable the new system was. I think the LK-93 and the disc were both sumerged in dunk tanks for a different time periods ranging from 20 minuites to an hour. The article basically said that the knights performed flawlessly and were the only guns that did not misfire.If I had the original disc I would sav my money because it is in my opinion just as good as that full jacket. However, if you shoot a cheaper model like me, I think an upgrade would be beneficial if misfires are your concern.
peace.gif

my knight primer conversion, doesnt have any kind of jackets just straight primer into the breech plug. ive hunted every weather condition known to man, extreme cold, rain, snow, heat , everything never had a misfire, i submerged a primer in water for an hour one day just to see if primers can get wet, after an hour put it straight into my gun and it shot just fine. The only time that my gun didnt go off, is when i had a 200 class 12 pointer 130 yards away standing there looking at me, I forgot to take off the double safety!!!
blush.gif
needless to say i never got a shot, but my dad and i have found there is nothing better than a 209 primer no matter how its in the gun!! goodluck!!!!

I actually sent an email to Knight on a similar question, when I went from pyrodex to 777. They said that 777 does burn a little hotter and the worst thing that could happen is you will have to re-sight your gun. I would think this would also apply to your situation.
sniper.gif

Thanks Guys. I'm going to sight in this weekend just to be sure. I'd hate to be wrong when I'm shooting at the Big One
rambo.gif
. I'll let you know how it turns out.

mole

Sighted in Sat. A few minor adjustments and I was on at 100 yards. I was surprised that my first two shots were low. I figured with the 209 it would hit higher. I was worried it might be my Trashco ... I mean Tasco scope. Oh well I have to use what I have and its zeroed for now. Poor teacher with kids can't afford a new scope.
frown.gif

mole

mole,

From one teacher to another, if you decide you want to change scopes for little $$ I'd recommend the Cabela's Pine Ridge scope. About $80 I think. I filled another antlerless tag with my Disc rifle last night...another perfect neck shot at 125 yards. I haven't had to touch the scope settings since I sighted in 5 years ago. I am truly amazed at the accuracy of this setup. Good luck!

NWBuck

Top Bottom