Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Last antlerless bow tag filled tonight!

Bowhunt

I good eating deer for the freezer tonight. That was the last antlerless deer tag for bow in my pocket.

I grunted to a group of deer in the corn field and they did not pay attention and then I look to my left and there is a deer there at about 30 yards. Looking right at me, and I know that I am skylined so bad. But I was hoping to be able to shoot sitting down and it would not be a problem. The deer comes in closer I think when it gets to 10 yards it's a goner. It was at 15 and I draw as it goes behind a tree. Then it stops, no shot and I am holding for about a minute. Then for no reaon the deer spooks and by now it is getting pretty dark. It stops at about 35 yards and looks over it's shoulder right at me. I think now or never so I let it fly. The shot felt great, but did not know how the hit was. I waited until dark went over found my arrow complete pass thru and good blood. So I got to town and get some supper. Come back and trail it out it was a high double lunger, the shot I make on 90% of the deer I get gun or bow. The deer went about 70 yards and the rest is history. Thanks to 9-point for the knife and gutting gloves sure saved a mess!!

The deer were moving great, had deer feeding at 1:00 in the fields today. Going to go to try to get my turkey tomorrow. Nothing like the last minute!

Top Bottom