Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Late season muzzleloader and pistol.

B

Bucko

Question was raised in a discussion with friends of mine whether it is legal to carry both pistol and muzzleloader at same time as long as pistol meets requirements for pistol hunting. Also any advice on what kind of shells will give best results for a .357mag .

If I was carring a .357 Mag, I would load it with no less than 158 gr. hollow point bullets. I am a big fan of Hornady XTP hollow points, and they would be my first choice. I think that a person can buy factory loaded Hornady XTP's, but I have know idea where to get them, as I load my own. Hope this helps.

I've been pack'n a .44 mag handgun and .50 cal blackpowder since the handgun season first became available. Handgun for 50 yards or less....rifle for those 200 yard shots, they only way to go...

Knight MK85 w/Swarovski 3-9 scope, 100 grains Pyrodex.....sighted in at 200 yards

How about a Super Dicsc w/ 150 gr pyrodex pellets....with a 150 gr sabot. 200yds is easily within reach.

I would like to let you guys know that Rembrandt has shot an antelope with his .44 cal pistol at 200 YARDS. That was impressive. Practice pays off.
BT

I am not saying that it is not possible, but what type of groups are you shooting? I won't take a shot over a 100 yds, because I am not confident enough? I ahave not had the practice though!

One more thing, what type of sabots are you shooting? I am new to ML and was wondering what brands and weight everyone uses. I use 289 grain remington copper solid sabots with 150 grain pyrodex. By the way, I am shooting a remington 700 with a leupold 2-7 scope.

That Antelope was taken with a Desert Eagle .44, scoped....and sighted in at 200 yards...about 6" groups, could probably do better but scope is only 4X....practiced all summer before attempting that one.

Blackpowder rifle, I'm using 240 grain Hornaday XTP's with 100 grains Pyrodex...groups are about 2-3".

For Whitetails here in Iowa, I use open sights on a 629 Smith & Wesson Performance Center .44 handgun and limit my shots to about 50 yards....gun is capable of longer range, but to do that I'd feel better with a scope.

Rembrandt, At what poundage does your 629 break? My first 686 was a typical S&W hair trigger, and shot like a house-a-fire. My seconed 686 had a heavy trigger and took some getting used to. Now I need to get a spring kit for my Contender, may be for Christmas.

Haven't put a gauge on it, just what came from the Performance Center.....I'm guessing 2-3lbs.

Top Bottom