Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Leech Lake & Winnie

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
We fished Leech and Winnie recently and the walleye fishing was excellent, we caught our limits in the slot, and threw back a few that were too big. We also caught some very nice perch. Great fish fry!! If anyone is looking to head up there, I think the bite is still on...it was a lot of fun.

Sorry I don't have much for pictures other than one nice walleye on Winnie on my cell phone.

I just got back from my second trip to Leech so far this year. Its been getting better and better the last couple years.

MNspring2010010.jpg

MNspring2010006.jpg

Ill be heading back up in a couple weeks to boat some more:D

Years ago my Dad owned a fishing resort on Leech. I sure wished he would have kept it so he could it to me..............

Very nice, I'd love to fish those lakes!!!! cept not for 'eyes... :D

last weekend when I was up, there was a local tourny going on, and one of the guys told me he had a 24" eye at the side of the boat when a 50+ ski came up and tried to nab it but missed. Also a good number of the walleyes I boated this year have been scarred and wounded from what I guess would only be from the elusive muskie. Ill be heading back up over the 4th and hunting the skis during the day and eyes at night.

Leech

Leech is a great all around lake, besides walleyes, we have caught jumbo perch, close to 2 lb. crappies, big bass and of course northerns. Never caught a muskie, but I have not really fished for them.

I would have loved to see that muskie swipe at the walleye, I know it happens up there a lot.

I was up at Winnie over Memorial weekend with elusive success. Friday and Saturday we caught a few walleyes - enough to atleast have a meal on Saturday night. Sunday though, things heated up a bit as we caught enough to feed our group of 12 and still have enough to bring home a few. We caught a few on the upper end of the slot (24-25"). I'll be heading back there the first weekend in August. Hopefully the pike bite is heating up by then. But I sure wouldn't mind for the walleyes to still be hitting it hard.

Moose: What was the name of the resort, is it still a resort?

Steamboat Bay Resort. It's North out of Walker 8 or 10 miles. It's been a long time since I've been there but I did have a few "secret" spots that I always picked up some eyes. I see they have a website now. Sure brings back some fond memories.

Top Bottom