Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Legislative Update March 24 2005

katy

Ballagh
I recieved this email this morning....

Just so you know, as the deer bill goes toward the house for discussion, there is some interest by one or two individuals who want to be able to let paying hunters shoot deer in any size enclosure. As little as one acre if that is all they want to fence to release the animal into. I can't see how anyone can think this is acceptable, but this is economic progress, I guess. This is coming from southeast Iowa as best as I know now. If you have concerns with this idea, and this may keep shooting preserves from coming back under the jurisdiction of the dnr from ag, who is not monitoring these people at all since they intherited this last year, you might want to contact your representative. Monitoring these operations may be the key to keeping cwd out of Iowa or catching quickly in the future.

www.legis.state.ia.us

There is some opposition by one or two deer raisers to the deer bill because they are not interested in being watched by DNR rather than the ag dept. I believe Delores Mertz from Mt. Pleasant is being asked, on behalf of maybe one individual, to stop this legislation. The association to which this individual belongs does not support her stance. If anyone has the ability to reason with Rep. Mertz, it would be beneficial. Shooting preserves and their captive deer need to be more closely monitored if we have any chance of staying on top of CWD.

If you are in Delores Mertz district, please contact her. It is very important to get captive deer herd back under DNR control

1 ACRE!,
Let's just chain them to a tree and fire away. I thought hunting was a sport, as well as an ethical one.

I'll be interested to see what happens.

BT

Any Updates on the deer bills?
shrug[1].gif

Top Bottom